JJ PARK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out important information about how we use your Personal Data, so please read it carefully.
J. J. Park Ltd of 59 Summerlands Ave, Acton, London W3 6EW is the primary data controller of your Personal Data for the purposes of this website and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your Personal Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
As with all shopping websites, we do need to collect some Personal Data from you when you shop online at jjpark.com. We use this information to process your order, contact you in the event of any delays or problems and (if you have chosen to receive them) to occasionally send you information about products, offers, events and competitions. It's all in the interests of providing you with an impeccable customer experience.
But we know how important your Personal Data is to you and are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information if required to do so by law). All your information is stored on a secure server in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We collect your Personal Data when you buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or competition, create an account, or use our website at www.jjpark.com (the "Site").
We use your Personal Data to:
- Process and fulfil orders - when you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Data from you such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information, password and any further information needed to fulfil your order (such as any special delivery instructions).
- Process returns, complaints and queries - when you return a product or make a complaint or query, we will keep the information you give us to ensure that we comply with our contractual and regulatory requirements, to ensure appropriate further communication with you, and to improve our products and services.
- View activity on our Website - this Website may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, including details of the URL you came from, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, any search terms that you entered on our Website ("User Information") and the length of your visit. We might also contact you to remind you about items in your shopping basket which you have not checked out.You can find out more about what information we capture by viewing our cookies policy.
- Communicate product offers, events and competitions - if you have asked us to, we will use contact details you have given us, along with any information you have given us about your gender or age, and information about your previous orders to send you information about our products, offers, events and competitions that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link found at the bottom of every marketing email or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 7 days for the change to take effect.
- Ask for a product review - we may contact you to ask you to leave a review on a product you have purchased, once your order has been completed.
- Fulfil legal obligations - we sometimes need to use Personal Data that we have gathered from you, or that you have provided to us, to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons - for example to trace fraudulent transactions.
- Collect browsing information - we may collect information about your IP address, your browser type, operating system, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns for statistical administration and reporting, and does not identify any individual.
- We will never ask for Personal Data via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your Personal Data, please contact us immediately.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We obtain Personal Data:
- directly from you, for example when you place an order, create an account or sign up to our newsletter; or
- by observing how you use our Website, for example from your basket creations and transactions.
WHAT IS THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Consent - in certain cases, such as the delivery marketing communications by email, JJ PARK relies on your explicit (opt-in) consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the link found at the bottom of every marketing email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to 7 days for the change to take effect.
Legitimate interest - we will process your Personal Data where there is a legitimate interest. This may include, for example, the collection and storage of personal details for the processing and fulfilment of orders.
Please see the “What Personal Data do we collect and how do we use it?” section above for more details.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We only store your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed in the 'What Information do we collect and how do we use it?' section above. We may have to keep some of your information (such as payments information) for longer where this is reasonably necessary or required by law or regulation, for instance, to prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share your Personal Data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers and partners - we may share Personal Data with suppliers of IT (e.g. Shopify), shipping services (e.g. DPD) and marketing services (e.g. MailChimp) where necessary to make products and services available to you, to fulfil your orders and to promote our products and services to you.
- Law enforcement agencies - we may share Personal Data with law enforcement agencies where necessary for fraud prevention or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JJ PARK, our customers, or others.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Access to your Personal Data - you may request access to a copy of your Personal Data.
Withdraw consent - you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located below if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
Rectification - you may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us on using the details below and provide the updated information or log on to your account at www.jjpark.com and update your information.
Erasure - you may ask us to delete your Personal Data at any time. If you would like us to delete the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below.
Portability - you may ask us to provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. If you would like us to send your Personal Data, please contact us using the details below.
Make a complaint - you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, which for the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office, by visiting their website at https://ico.org.uk/
JJ PARK is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Shopify - our website is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment information - if you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our website and its service providers.
Any credit card information provided is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, all PCI-DSS requirements are followed and additional generally accepted industry standards are implemented.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We shall ensure that any such transfers are lawful and that your Personal Data is kept secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on how we do this, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION