JJ PARK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As with all shopping websites, we do need to collect some personal information from you when you shop online at jjpark.com. We use this information to process your order, contact you in the event of any delays or problems and (if you have chosen to receive them) to ocassionally send you special offers and promotions. It's all in the interests of providing you with an impeccable customer experience.
But we know how important your personal information is to you and are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information if required to do so by law). All your information is stored on a secure server in full compliance with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
How we collect your information
- When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our Website ("User Information").
- We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You can find out more about what information we capture by viewing our cookies policy.
- We will not pass on your Personal Information to any third party.
- We will never ask for Personal Information via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
What we do with your information
We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content to you;
- To administer this website;
- To contact you about leaving a review on a product once your order has been completed;
- If you have consented, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
At various points in the user journey of this Website you will be given the opportunity to sign up to receive information from JJ PARK by post, email or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
In the event that you have signed up, but no longer wish to be contacted for such purposes, you may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received, or by contacting us via email or post.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Our website is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our website and its service providers.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
Questions and contact information
Questions regarding this policy should be directed in writing to: Customer Services, JJ PARK, Suite 103, Hanovia House, 30 Eastman Road, London W3 7YG.